H amilton-Mylan Funeral Home has been around for a very long time. It has changed names over the years as new partners joined and combined businesses.
Our building was originally built as a home around 1853. In 1917 it was converted into a funeral home. During the 1920's the funeral chapel was added on so that funeral services could be held in the building.
In 1966 Knapp Funeral Home, which had been in business in the downtown area since 1905, merged with Hamiton-Mylan.
Eventually the name of the funeral home became Hamilton-Mylan-Knapp-Gunderson Funeral Home, after John Gunderson joined as an owner. In recent years, to simplify things, the names Knapp and Gunderson were removed.
In 1985 David Fuller came on board and eventually purchased the funeral home. He is the current owner.